Thursday, February 16, 2006

Absolutely Mental....

Absolutely mental: A phrase used by my co-workers to describe my running "habit" -- Does this mean they think I'm crazy? I think that is what they are trying to tell me...

Absolutely mental: running at it's best is a mental as well as physical endevor. Tonight, I ran 5 miles home from work at a pace just under 8:00/mile. Somewhere about halfway home, I realized that I wasn't mentally in the game and was just flinging my legs forward and back rather than using the power in them to push off -- wasting precious seconds because of a mental lapse. On the marathon course, you have to keep your head in the game for some things (form, eating, drinking, pace...) otherwise, Boston's course will chew you up and spit you out....some of the biggest names in running history have bonked on this course

Absolutely mental: The process I'm going through in changing from thinking about running in order to finish Boston fast than last year to thinking about running as a year long process with the goal of improving all year, not just for one race. I'm faster and fitter now than last year at this time despite more layoff than I should have taken. I've begun to realize that faster and fitter is really the goal -- and that takes time....this is absolutely a mental shift for me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home