Friday, February 10, 2006

Return of the White Stuff...

The weather here in New England has been very mild up to now which makes me worry about what the rest of February and March will bring. This weekend's weather will definately make an impact on my running schedule. We are expecting 8-14" of snow on Sat./Sun. along with very high winds. The forecast makes me think that it is likely that I'll be doing my 15-16 mile run on Monday after work rather than my normal Sunday morning run! Last year I ran after 27+" of snow which was incredibly stupid -- this year, I'm trying to be a little smarter about knowing when to rest or re-arrange my schedule. If the weather Sunday afternoon isn't bad, I'll get out there. Otherwise, a post work run will take care of the mileage.

In fundraising news -- I have had just over $1650 in pledges so far. The largest pledge to date has been $500 from a friend and fellow Havnik. The fundraising minimum is $2500 (which should be no problem). I'll be sending some more letters out next week when my new computer and printer arrive. Hopefully, I'll also be able to make arrangements with local businesses for "DFMC day" or to donate gifts for raffles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home