Tuesday, February 07, 2006

On the hill again...

...on the hill again, just can't wait to get on the hill again...(to the tune of Willie Nelson's "On the Road Again")

I look forward to hill repeats as much as I look forward to a trip to the dentist's chair...at the time it seems like needless pain and suffering, only later, after I've recovered do realize that my body feels a little better. Tonight was one of those nights. 30 minutes of hill repeats with an icy headwind on the uphill portion. Last night at our team meeting, Jack Fultz was talking about the pain becoming more nusance than pain as you mentally adjust to training -- the reality is, that when it comes to running up and down a hill over and over again, I'm just not there yet.

1 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, if you aren't there yet, I never will be. Even the sprints training my rugby coach does on Nahant beach absolutely kills me. At least I'm always guaranteed a beer afterwards?

- Blair ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home