Sunday, April 23, 2006

I had a good post-marathon recovery week. Between taking Tuesday off, the last day of Passover, and my usual half-day at work on Fridays, I'm feeling fairly rested compared to the week after Boston last year. I over did it cooking and carrying Speedy on Friday and my ankle has been bothering me since. I had hoped to run 3 miles this weekend but think that I need to ice my ankle, stick it in a brace for a few days, and hit the Advil before trying to run. So, Tuesday I'm going to take my bike out for a spin and then will attempt to run 3 miles at a relaxed pace on Wednesday after work. I want to take it easy for the rest of April and most of May before jumping back into training.

I know that I want to run a couple of 5K races this summer and the BAA half-marathon in October but I'm still trying to decide which races to really push for. Likely, it will be the Somerville Homeless Coalition 5K this fall. That way, I can spend some time on speedwork and getting a stronger stride.

I've also set a goal of doing an Ironman Tri by the time I'm 40. That gives me 10 years to understand the training needed for triathlons and as Speedy grows up, hopefully finding time to train will get a little easier.

Click here to see photos from Marathon Weekend courtesy of DFMC. Also, for those who have time to search through hundreds of photos, you are virtually guaranteed to find yourself by looking through photos from Jim Rhodes and company!

On the fundraising front, I'm going to continue to try to raise money until July 31st final deadline. Please, if you haven't given, contribute a small amount. DFMC needs you -- $1, $5 -- anything helps in the race against cancer. The finish line is still a ways away but with your donation, we come a little closer! I'll continue to say it -- IF A 6 YEAR OLD CAN GIVE HIS ALLOWANCE, YOU CAN MATCH IT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home