Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The latest update

I did my second to last long run this past Sunday. It was a complete weekend of testing for the marathon. Yes, I subjected my very patient friends to a Shabbos meal that would be similar to what I'll eat during Passover (minus the ring-gels, I just can't bring myself to go through that twice!) I put honey in my goo flask and set out for a 19 mile run. Along the way, I did some off road running in the Fells and then missed a turn on my route and some how ended up in Winchester. Luckily, I knew roughly where I was (have I mentioned my really excellent internal GPS system?) and ended up running back through Medford along the Mystic Reservation.

Talk about a beautiful return trip -more hills on the lost part of my route than I had planned but the return trip by the lakes was gorgeous! There were ducks and geese out, the weather was cloudy and not too hot -- a perfect day for a long run. Hopefully, I can find an equally beautiful route for my last long training run before the big day.

At this point, I'm starting to think about getting in quality runs and cross-training this week and tapering next week through marathon weekend. I also want to make sure I get enough sleep and stay hydrated. That will be a tough task with school and Pesach (Passover) preparations/frantic cleaning.

In the meantime, we had a great fundraiser at O'Naturals in Davis Square tonight. Thanks to everyone who came out! In addition to the 10% of sales donated by O'Naturals, I raised another $70 or so while there. Figaro's by South Station in Boston is still collecting donations. I'll let you know totals as soon as I hear.

Another round of fundraising letters/emails will go out this week. I don't think that I'm going to come anywhere close to the 10K goal I set but would like to try to raise as much money as possible between now and the end of May. Thanks to everyone who has given!

That's it for now -- I'm heading to bed (it's only 8:30 and I can go to bed -- YAY! A parent's dream!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home