Saturday, April 15, 2006

2 Days and Counting

The marathon is right around the corner and now that the Passover cleaning frenzy (and the late night seders) are complete, I've gotten the chance to rest up for the race. Speedy Ima and Speedy have both had colds this week so it has been a struggle to stay healthy. I've been VERY tired the past 2 days and think my body is working to fight off whatever they have. So far, I only have minimal congestion and a slight headache. Strangely, someone told Speedy Ima that eating the pith of lemons along with the rind helps like any medication would -- I tried it and sure enough, it works for hours.

On the fundraising front, I've raised just under $4500 to date. Thanks to everyone who has donated! The folks at Figaro's Boston gave me a check on Wednesday morning for $250. Again, they've been incredible -- give them your business!

As for the rest of the weekend, I'm planning on picking up my number tomorrow morning sometime and then heading home to rest before going to the DFMC pasta party. We'll be back around 7 so I'll be sure to post a party re-cap here before heading off to bed.

The race weather is predicted to be 55 degrees and partly cloudy -- let's hope that my race goes as well as the weather forecast!

For those running on Monday -- good luck! I hope that those of you who are keeping Passover have found tricks that work for you.

The Swadfather

1 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May you be blessed with the strength and faith to go the distance - and may the wind be at your back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home