Thursday, March 30, 2006

Pesach Prep Test Kitchen Part II

Valuable lessons learned during last Sunday's long run:

1. Use orange juice not grape juice for your drink base (the acid helps your body to absorb what it needs). Grape juice was a huge failure for me

2. Honey in a goo flask is easier than small packets - I needed to hit the honey more often on this run than with goo but found it easier to eat and less upsetting for my stomach. I'm also wondering about how royal jelly would impact a run....I'll try that one later this summer

3. Sweet potato is too fiberous -- I'm going to stick with regular potato slices/kugel for my pre-race eats.

Planning my food ahead of time is going to be a key to successful running on Marathon Monday. I didn't plan ahead for my dry run this past weekend and made whatever we had the ingredients for --- I paid the price during my run. I don't think you need to obsess about what you eat race weekend but giving it some thought ahead of time would be wise.

If you are running during pesach, let us all know how things are going -- I know that some of you are running and keeping pesach....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home