Sunday, April 09, 2006

The big 3-0

The big 3-0 has arrived...that's right readers, I turned 30 last Thursday. Along with it came a minor freak out about having a career, partner, child, etc. Speedy Ima threw a party for me on Shabbat complete with my favorite Carvel ice cream cake --- yummy junk food goodness! I had asked for donations to Dana-Farber in lieu of gifts and was happy to have raised some good $ for the Marathon Challenge Team.

Along with the freakout over being 30 came the realization that I'm getting more comfortable with parenting (atleast for now). At the moment, I mostly know what Speedy needs when he cries, laughs, etc and I have gotten better at anticipating diaper changes, bottles, going for a walk, etc. We start him on solid food the week after Passover and I am interested to see what changes in our lives that brings! He is holding himself up when we get him into a sitting position and has started to roll over in his crib. Watch out world (and parents!), mobility is just around the corner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home