Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Pesach Marathon Preparations

I've settled on what I'll be drinking during the marathon -- I've been using the OJ, salt, water recipe I posted a few weeks ago on my long runs to great success. I think that I'm going to carry a fuel belt just to be one the safe side during the marathon because I'd hate to miss a person with fuel and bonk as a result.

I did use Goo during yesterday's run because I'm having a bit of trouble finding individual honey packets -- if you happen to have a source in the Boston area, please let me know! A honey alternative goo substitute is still in the works -- I'll let you know when I hit on something.

This weekend I'll be starting to eat dinner the day before my long runs roughly the same way that I will the day before the marathon. My breakfasts will also change to be more similar to what I'll eat that morning. As time goes on, I'll adjust my start time to noon and do a couple of long runs following the ritual I expect on Marathon monday.

I haven't heard from those of you who are preparing to run and observe Pesach as well -- how is it going out there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home