Sunday, April 08, 2007

Putting one foot in front of the other

Today's run was simply a process of reminding myself to put one foot in front of the other. The weather was sunny, around 45 degrees, and super windy where I was running. I hit a head very strong headwind going out and was looking forward to a good push home and then found that the wind had changed. As a result, I found myself pushing 45 pounds of running stroller and screaming toddler for 6 miles. Pushing Speedy was something like running with a parasail - good for training but not exactly what I had planned!

In the past 4 months I've torn a ligament in 1 shoulder (picking Speedy up) and dislocated the other one (sleeping) but todays run is the first that I've done pain free in several months. This was good news as I have begun the start of training for Boston's Run to Remember and Dublin in October. The Run to Remember will be slow - just a long training run. I'm really focused on spending time base building and focusing on form, speed, and strength over the next few months. Dublin's course is flat and presents a good opportunity to PR - I'd like to train to get the most out of the Dublin course.

My training also has to prepare me for 2 weeks of hiking/climbing in Morocco right after Dublin. I'll have a week off before heading into the High Atlas Mountains...then 8 hour hikes for a week! Hopefully I'll be strong enough to comfortably do the hiking so soon after completing the race.

The next few weeks are filled with training, work, and closing on our house!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home