Saturday, April 21, 2007

Another view of the marathon

For the first time in several years, I spent marathon Monday on the sidelines behind my Nikon D59 taking photos of the runners. I had a good time and will admit that taking a year off was the right thing to do -- but that didn't stop me from missing being out there. I was at the finish line for the elite racers and then headed out the Cleveland circle for the rest of the day. In the end, I had about 500 photos and managed to get enough good shots to put together a set on Flickr.

On the training side of things, I am enjoying the start of training. After tomorrow's run, I will have run 18 miles this week which was right on target for the jump in mileage planned. I have an 8 mile run tomorrow and then rest on Monday (I'll be at the Red Sox game!). Tuesday brings speedwork during lunch and a 3 mile easy run with Speedy after work. The weather will hopefully allow me to bike to work and get a little skating in during the week as well. I recently switched gyms and will be heading in this week to get a tour of the new gym and start increasing my weightlifting and use the elliptical.

We hopefully will close on our new house this week so my running at this point is one of the few things helping to keep me sane! The new place is near the area where I do hill repeats so I'm looking forward to just heading out for a warm up and being right there. We will also have enough space to set up the bike trainer and weights in a permanent fashion. I am guessing this will make for a very happy family of runners.

1 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home