Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Bone Crushing Headache

I started my medication for depression over the weekend and have had a bout of nausea and an off and on headache for 2 days -- all expected side effects that should go away in a few days. Unfortunately, it is 4 weeks minus a day until the marathon so I had to get out there and do a run. This is especially true because I didn't workout yesterday or Sunday (unless you count lots of walking carrying a 15# Speedy)! I'm hopeful that the meds will positively impact my battle with depression. I'm still less than thrilled about taking them but I had to do something. For now, I have friends checking in and Shabbat is rapidly approaching so I can have some time to relax (kind of relax I should say).

As for running this week, I have a big 20-22 mile run on Sunday so I'll run again on Friday for 5 nice easy miles and do some cross training. The anxiety is kicking into high gear because I'm so UNDER TRAINED and worried that the course is going to chew me up and spit me out. I must remember to stick to the training plan, cramming at this stage of the game doesn't help --- can someone write that on my forehead for me so that when I look in the mirror that is what I see??? Ack, 4 weeks -- not much time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home