Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Back in Boston

Well, we got back from NC yesterday and arrived home to snow flurries and chilly weather today. I'm looking forward to a long run on Friday (to make up for "the incident" on Monday). I hit the gym after work for a good elliptical workout and will be back tomorrow for a little weightlifting.

The nerves are starting to hit about the marathon. I haven't put nearly as much work and time into this year's training as I would have liked. I'm trying hard to think about this as a step to a higher fitness level and better running during the summer/fall season but it can be tough. Worst comes to worst and I suppose run/walking is better than a DNF but it ain't what I'm shooting for! Hopefully, the long runs will go well from here on out and things will be okay come race day.

In the meantime, I'm running a 5k on Sunday that should be fun. I'm not going out to break any speed records - just a nice St. Paddy's day race with a beer afterwards. A number of my friends are running the race so it will be nice to celebrate a run with them. More importantly, it is Speedy Ima's first race since Speedy's delivery!! Go Speedy Ima, Go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home