Sunday, December 25, 2005

The Long Warm Run??

Well, it is Dec. 25th and it was 55 degrees around noon here in Somerville, MA....that's really unusual for this time of year but made for a beautiful run along the Charles River. I did 9 miles through a number of different neighborhoods in Cambridge and Somerville. The route was a new one and little did I know that a major demolition project was going to block access to a cut through about half way into the run. I manage to make a reasonable guess to the detour's distance and after a route adjustment came in at the correct distance.

This week, I tried a couple of the new Clif products and was generally happy. The new Cran-Raspberry Blox are fantastic -- much easier on the mouth feel and stomach than Gu. The taste was also a definate improvement. 3 blox = 1 Gu and there are 6 blox to a package. The strawberry, while still an improvement doesn't taste quite as good...next week's long run will allow me to taste the Lemon-Lime variety. I LOVE lime so I hope that I'm not disappointed.

The Mango Recovery drink was also a good purchase. I found that it has aided my recovery better than other products that I've tried. The taste still needs some work but I'm going to track down the Vanilla variety and see if that is any better. I hope that Clif will come up with a couple of other flavor options for this product.

This week's training should be pretty straightforward. I have a 6 mile tempo run on Tuesday, a 6-8 mile run (distance depends on how much sleep I get), and then a 10 miler on Sunday. As always, there will be crosstraining on Wed, Friday, and Saturday after Shabbos ends. Let's keep our fingers crossed for warm weather this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home