Monday, December 05, 2005

First snowy cold run of the year

I just got back from a 7 mile run on snow and ice -- the first of these cold wet runs of the training season. The titanium pin in my left knee helped to remind me that yes, winter is indeed here! The temperature was 31 degrees at run time with snow and ice all over the place from the 3" we received yesterday.

Trying to train as a new parent running on less than 4 hours of sleep has been interesting. I'm learning a great deal about the need to be flexible but not too flexible. I'm off of work until the New Year so trying to have a training schedule when nothing else in my life is scheduled right now has been tough. That's when I start focusing on why I run with the Dana-Farber Team.

The Boston Globe provided this week's inspiration when cover the life and death of a 15 year old Red Sox fan and cancer patient named Patrick White. Take a moment to consider making a donation to my Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge run so that together we can give the Patrick White's of the world a fighting chance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home