Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Return to Running

Yesterday was a surprisingly warm sunny November day which made for a perfect chance to return to running outside post-baby and stress fracture. I went out just before sunset and it was in the mid-50s. The run felt great. As expected, I didn't run my usual 7:30/mile pace but I kept the pace under 9:00/mile which I felt good about for a first run in 8 weeks.

Now that I can comfortably run again, my focus is turning to 2 things. 1) Trying to get enough training time without overtaxing my body because of a lack of sleep and 2) Raising $10,000 for Dana-Farber's Marathon Challenge. I'm hoping to find a radio sponsor to track my progress on-air over the coming months (and co-sponsor a large event this spring) and planning on trying to organize a Dana-Farber day in Davis Sq. For Dana-Farber day, I'm going to attempt to persuade various businesses to donate a % of profits from that day's sales to my fundraising effort.

With several hundred team members, their family and friends, these business would likely see an increase in traffic and sales on this day. Last year's team did a great job of showing up for each other's events and I would expect nothing less this year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home